GUIDELINES FOR VISA APPLICANTS
(PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU FILL THE FORM)
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Ghana is open to the general public Mondays to Thursdays between 08:30am and 12:30pm for the receiving of visa applications and from 2:00pm to 3:30pm for the collection of documents (Visas only).
- All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or legal travel documents
- All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas or in the case of Commonwealth nationals, entry permits, issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf. (ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements, are exempted).
- Visas may be granted to personnel of international organisations and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit.
- The visa may be granted for single or multiple entry.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR MULTIPLE ENTRY APPLICANTS
Multiple entry visa endorsed for six months, for example, means the applicant is granted unlimited entries into Ghana within six months of the date of issue of the visa. It does NOT entitle the applicant to enter and remain in Ghana for six months. On each entry into Ghana, the period of permitted stay in Ghana will be endorsed by Ghana Immigration at the point of entry, usually sixty days.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA APPLICANTS
- Should be citizen/resident in or officially affiliated to the Vatican City/Holy See.
- Should be a Greek, Croatian or Polish citizen.
- Should have a valid passport with expiry date of at least six months from the date of application for visa.
- Should submit – one set of Application Forms (In Quadruplicate).
a) Fully completed in CAPITAL LETTERS in English
b) Four recent passport size photographs.
c) An international certificate of vaccination for Yellow Fever
d) A return ticket or a flight confirmation print-out from an acknowledged Travel Agency.
e) Hotel reservation or an invitation letter (signed and dated) from a friend, business partner or relation in Ghana and a copy of their passport bio data.
f) Visa fee
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE FORMS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION WILL RENDER YOUR APPLICATION FOR
ENTRY PERMIT / VISA VOID
Should be submitted with a letter written in English from the applicant's firm guaranteeing his/her stay in Ghana and stating the reasons for the visit. Two references are required. Please supply the Names and Addresses of Business Associates and their Companies as references in Ghana. A hotel may be used only as a second reference.A letter of guarantee from business associates in Ghana.
VISITORS / TOURIST VISAS
Visa Applicants for tourist/visitors visas are to submit in addition to the above the following documents:
- Invitation letters from their hosts/hostesses in Ghana, including full residential and postal address, telephone numbers and email addresses;
- Photocopy of passport of host/sponsor, and copy of Residence/Work Permit of the host if the host is not a Ghanaian national;
- Attestation from hotel duly signed and stamped by the accredited staff, confirming their reservation (Note: We do not accept unsigned email communication), in addition to personal contact; name, address and telephone number in Ghana in case of emergency.
- Foreigners married to Ghanaians need to bring letters from their spouses, including copies of their valid Ghanaian passports as well as Italian Residence Permits or residence permits from any of the countries of concurrent accreditation.
Should be accompanied by a letter from your College Administrator or your Professor – stating the reasons for your visit and your financial means whilst in Ghana in English. You should provide a Letter of Acceptance from the Institution to which you will be attached to during your practical training in Ghana. Please use the name and address of the Institution in Ghana as your reference in Ghana.
Prospective employees may be engaged in employment within the authorized immigrant quota. Applicants must provide evidence of an Employment Contract, and proof of grant of Employment quota in Ghana. Two references are required, one of which should be the company or organisation you will be working for whilst in Ghana.
Applicants applying for a visa for volunteer purposes should have, in addition to all the visa requirements stated above, an official letter from the organisation in Ghana.
Introducing itself, the activities it organises, the activity the intern/volunteer is expected to carry out, the duration and accommodation arrangements.
Additionally, the organisation must include a copy of its Registration certificate, Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate to Commerce Business from the Registrar General’s
Department and or Certificate of Recognition from the Department of Social Welfare.
VISA BY COURIER
Visa applications by courier will be accepted and processed. It is the responsibility of applicants to make arrangements for the collection of their passports.
VISA PROCESSING PERIOD
Visa applications, once received, take three (3) working days to process. Please note that the processing period does not include FRIDAYS and HOLIDAYS.
|Entry Type ||fee
Multiple Entry (3 months)
Multiple Entry (6 months)
Multiple Entry (1 year)
Multiple Entry (5 years- US Citizens Only)
NB: VISA FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.